Resource Geologist Intern, based in Johannesburg
Tecoma Strategies is looking for a Resource Geologist Intern to join our energetic and fast-moving team.
We are a Johannesburg and Perth based mining consultancy steadily gaining global recognition. Our focus is on innovation and thought leadership in the key areas of Resource Optimisation, Economic Evaluation and Project Development.
We are a values and results-driven Company, while at the same time we are developing innovative processes in mineral resource modelling and valuation.
As a Resource Geologist Intern you will have the exciting opportunity to be part of an industry research project to develop Resource Range Analysis (RRA) and Rapid Resource Modelling (RRM) processes and workflows using Leapfrog – cutting-edge geological modelling software that has the power to enhance the mining industry. You will work with orebodies in multiple commodities and in multiple geographies.
You will be at the forefront of helping to drive industry change.
- BSc (Hons) Geology
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office
- Be a quick-learner, entrepreneurial, ambitious and able to show initiative
- Be professional and forthright
- Be results-driven and deadline-oriented, with the ability to work under pressure
- Have an interest in technology, apps, and computer gaming
Job Description (Resource Geologist):
- Geological data management, modelling and interpretation
- Integration of modelling processes and results into Resource Range Analysis and Rapid Resource Modelling workflows
- Incorporation of the workflows into a standard approach to RRA and RRM
- Preparation and presentation of results, both internally and externally
If the above fits with your abilities, interests, character, and outlook then we invite you to apply.
Please send your application and CV directly to Jeffrey Luk at email@example.com
For more information on Tecoma, visit www.tecomastrategies.com